If I could sum up my weekend in one picture, this would pretty much be it. Football. Football. And more football! But you know what? I love every minute of it!
But before I find myself a seat in the bleachers, I wanted to send you my five favorites for this week. There are so many fun things going on around town that they fill up my list!
- Lake Bluff Anniversary Bash–A Fireworks Finale: Celebrate Lake Bluff’s 125th anniversary with cake, fireworks, and photos at Lake Bluff’s Blair Park. See the website for more details.
- Paws for Patrick Walk and Family Fair: This Sunday, September 26 at 11 a.m. at the Lake Forest Recreation Center, you can celebrate the one-year anniversary of Paws for Patrick by walking to raise awareness of this wonderful organization and the importance of mental health. Paws for Patrick is a non-profit organization dedicated to connecting young people to emotional support animals to aide them as they live with mental illness. Participation in the event is free. You can click here to register.
- Spirit of 67 Home Tour–Outdoor Spaces: Mark your calendars for next Thursday, September 30, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. for the Spirit of 67’s tour of six special outdoor spaces. Enjoy gourmet light bites at each stop, and participate in raffle to win a designer tablescape or a pair of diamond earrings…all of this while knowing you’re supporting our amazing local schools. Tickets are available for purchase online until end of day Monday, but will be offered at the door on Thursday.
- J.McLaughlin 10th Anniversary benefitting Mother’s Trust: J. McLaughlin is toasting its 10th anniversary in Market Square this Thursday, September 30 from 9:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. and donating 15% of its sales from the day to Lake Forest-based Mother’s Trust Foundation. Mother’s Trust provides immediate assistance during times of crisis to low-income children living in Lake County. The Foundation’s goal is to provide home, build confidence, and make a positive difference in a young person’s life. From 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Thursday evening, Courtyard Wines will be in store leading a wine tasting. Stop and shop for a very good cause.
- DIME Beauty: Last but not least, one fun little product to think about this weekend. I’ve recently been testing out the skincare line from Dime Beauty and have been very impressed. The products are high quality and very well priced. My favorite is their Vitamin C serum that’s called Hyper Glow. You can actually see your skin flush when you put it on (this is only temporary–I guess this is how you know it’s working). And this weekend, you can get 25% off your purchase with the code BDay25. It’s a great time to try if you’re looking for something new.
Have a wonderful weekend!