Happy long weekend! The extra day is going to feel so nice. My husband took our middle guy to Texas for his overdue 16th birthday adventure (we do this instead of having a party), so with me in charge this weekend…I’m looking forward to some good carryout and a few binge-worthy shows. Any suggestions on what we should check out?
To put you in the holiday weekend spirit, here are five things I’m loving this week:
- LF Plungers: Have you been following this group on Instagram? They are amazing! Several days a week, they brave cold Lake Michigan temperatures and early morning hours to go for a quick swim. Check out this great story about them written by Adrienne Fawcett. On Monday, May 31, the LF Plungers are inviting all who are interested to join them for a “dip” at 8 a.m. at Lake Forest Beach to raise money and awareness for Paws for Patrick, a non-profit organization dedicated to connecting young people with emotional support animals to aide them as they live with mental illness. Even if you’re not a swimmer, this is a wonderful way to kick off your week.
- M-61 Power Glow Peel Gradual Tan Face and Body Wipes: No sun, no problem with these new self-tanners from Bluemercury’s M-61 line. I usually shy away from tanning products because I’m not very good at using them, but these are practically fool-proof! These face and body wipes are applied after you wash your face or take a shower, and act as a deep exfoliator to boot. The directions say you can use these up to three times a week to build a natural tan. But with me currently being so pale, I’ve made it a one-night-a-week affair and that’s been plenty so far. After I apply, I moisturize all over as the self-tanner does make your skin feel tight. You’ll notice this in the morning when you wake up, too, but that goes away by the following day. My only complaint is that there is that self-tanner smell, but it’s not quite as strong as some of other other self-tanners on the market. It’s definitely worth a try if you’re like me and being tan makes you a nicer person.
- Lilly Pulitzer Grotto Cane Tote: I had lots of questions about a cane tote I was holding in a post of mine from last week. It was from Lilly Pulitzer’s 2020 summer collection and I haven’t been able to find it online this year, although I did see it in one of Lilly’s signature stores when I was in Palm Beach in February. Lilly Pulitzer does, however, have this Grotto Cane Tote available–same materials as last year, just a different shape. (And I’m pretty sure you can take that tassel right off to make it less beachy.)
- Floral ruffle blouse: In my closet, it doesn’t get any better than when a flower meets a ruffle! This new Liberty print from J.Crew is bound to be a summer staple for me. You can dress it up or wear it with a pair of white jeans or cut-off shorts. Very fun! This weekend, it’s 25% off with the code WEEKEND. (I ordered a size small and it fits great.) I’m loving the sleeve length on J. Crew’s summer blouses–super flattering!
- Friends Reunion: Last night, my girls and I hunkered down and watched the much-anticipated 2-hour Friends Reunion special on HBOMax. While it was great to see this fantastic cast back together again after 17 years, the show was about one hour too long. I wish it had been more insider scoop of favorite episodes and funny bloopers, and less strange filler like Lady Gaga singing “Smelly Cat.” It’s not worth giving up fun holiday weekend plans to be in the know by watching it now–it will still be available when you have nothing else going on.
Have a wonderful holiday weekend!
Photo by Jenn Marie Edwards Photography
In the photo above:
- Dress by J. Crew (on sale this weekend for $70 with the code WEEKEND)
- Tote by Breck & Grier