It’s so cold outside that it’s nice having an excuse to stay indoors and get caught up on some things that have been piling up on my desk. I’ve been meaning to share these things with you and now I can!
- This week’s recipes: I posted my menu roundup for this week and here are here are the recipes for each: Chicken Pot Pie Soup; Gnocchi Bake; Creamy Honey Mustard Chicken; and a Spinach Feta Cheese Quiche.
- I’ve been wearing this jacket on repeat this week to all of the basketball games I’ve been going to. It’s not warm enough to really wear in the cold now, but it’s a perfect layer for a chilly gym. Be sure to size up to account for its slim fit.
- This cozy top says Valentine’s Day. So cute!
- Speaking of Valentine’s Day, if you’re a North Shore local, my friend Martha Zeeman–owner of Cards & Coffee–is hosting Valentine’s Day card-making workshops at her home throughout the first two weeks in February. Click here to learn more.
- Lake Bluff’s Prairie Bar and Espresso has opened for business in its new beautiful space. I can hardly wait to visit!
- Third Love, a lingerie brand, reached out to me to try some of their products. This was an easy yes since I already wear and love them. I’m a big fan of this and this–no t-shirt lines or VPL. Runs true to size and they help you figure out what your actual size is virtually.
- At Chicago blogger See Anna Jane’s suggestion, I just started listening to this serial podcast and it’s so weird. I can’t tell what’s true and what’s not, but it makes car time go so much faster.
- We have had the flu working its way through our house and I really think these Feel Better shots from Forest Greens Juice Bar have helped everyone on the road to recovery much faster. It’s a lemon, ginger, garlic, oil of oregano blend that seems to be whipping everyone back into shape!
- If you’re local and looking for something fun to do indoors, the Lake Bluff History Museum just opened its newest exhibit, Just Imagine: Puppetry Magic. Stop byduring our regular hours Monday-Thursday from 1 to 4 p.m. and Friday and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. This display features a troupe of puppets created in the mid-20th century by Lake Bluff educator Margaret Lindman with her husband Richard and her sister Mary Griffith. In the 1950s and ’60s, the trio created hundreds of marionettes, hand puppets and stage sets out of wood, metal, papier maché and other materials found around the Lindman house on Garfield Avenue.
- One of my favorite online retailers–Tuckernuck–is having its sample sale. Click here to shop it.
- My girlfriends took me out for my birthday last week and I always learn so much from them. First, was a new must-visit store in Libertyville called Marigold–I was gifted the coolest cutting board from there. Next, my friend knows my love of for wearing multiple necklaces at once and bought me this cool layering clasp from Kendra Scott. And finally, my very young-looking pal gave me this and this from the Osea line at Bluemercury. So far I’m loving both, especially the hand cream!
- I really want 2022 to be a great year and I picked up this book last week to help me get things in order. I’ll let you know what I learn.
I think I like the idea of this round-up post at the beginning of the week. What do you think? Anything you’d like me to add?
Have a good one!