Although we’re one month into the new year, I have to share a challenge my sweet friend gave to me when she was home visiting her family over the holidays.My girlfriend is a faithful listener to the podcast “Happier with Gretchen Rubin.” Rubin is a New York Times Best Seller many times over, most well known for her book The Happiness Project. Rubin asked her listeners in December to come up with their “18 for 2018,” a list of their hopes, resolutions, goals, or things they’d like to see happen in the coming year. She suggested that the most successful lists would likely be a combination of long-term goals and one-and-done, cross-off-your-list tasks.Before the clock struck 12 on New Year’s Eve, my friend and I shared out “18 for 2018.” This was so motivating for me, I thought I’d share my list with you. So here goes.
- Launch blog.
- Do at least one selfless act each day.
- Lose 15 pounds.
- Meet all deadlines!
- Plan one getaway with the hubby.
- Spend at least a few quality minutes with each of my children every day.
- Better help Eddie (my son) with his college search.
- Walk 10,000 steps each day.
- Remodel kids’ bathroom.
- Read one book each month.
- Spend quality time with at least one friend each week.
- Learn how to do a handstand in yoga.
- Place two stories in national publications.
- Update all of the rooms (including the hallway) on the second floor of my house.
- Get right ear piercing fixed.
- Organize bottom desk drawer.
- Break 2 hours in a half marathon.
- Improve my social media know-how.
Truth…I’ve updated this list three times but I’m feeling pretty confident that this is my final draft. It’s amazing how accountable having this list has made me and I’m grateful to have it as we roll into February. What do you think? Would 18 for 2018 help you?xo