Happy Monday! I had to go through some recipe saves last week to freshen up my meal plans and discovered a few new ones that I’ll be sharing with you over the next few weeks. First up, these super easy Gluten-Free Buffalo Chicken Taquitos from Rachel Mansfield. They were a hit with my whole family and they’re on the healthier side, too. This recipe serves 4, so I doubled for my crew.
What You Need
- 1 pound ground chicken or turkey
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/4–1/3 cup buffalo sauce of choice (mild or hot!)
- 10–12 corn tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Olive oil or avocado oil
- Guacamole and salsa for serving
What You Do
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large skillet, add a splash of oil and the ground chicken or ground turkey, garlic and sea salt and black pepper and cook for about 5-10 minutes on medium heat until ready.
- Remove from heat and mix in buffalo sauce.
- Warm the tortillas in microwave for about 20 seconds so they are easy to roll (otherwise they will break apart–I’ve made that mistake!).
- Gently brush oil on each tortilla (both sides) then add a spoonful of chicken into the center followed by a sprinkle of cheese and roll up and add to baking sheet with folded side facing down (repeat for remaining tortillas and chicken).
- Drizzle oil on top of the taquitos in the baking sheet then bake in oven for 8 minutes then flip and bake for another 8 minutes or so.
- Serve with salsa and guacamole while hot!