I found myself with three mushy bananas today and threw together this loaf of bread that didn’t even need a mixer to whip up.
What You Need
- 2 to 3 very ripe bananas, peeled (about 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 cups mashed)
- 1/3 cup melted butter, unsalted or salted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup sugar (1/2 cup if you would like it less sweet, 1 cup if more sweet)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Trader Joe’s mini peanut butter cups (optional)
What To Do
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, and grease a 4 x 8-inch loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until completely smooth. Stir the melted butter into the mashed bananas.
- Mix in the baking soda and salt. Stir in the sugar, beaten egg, and vanilla extract. Mix in the flour. Add peanut butter cups if you choose.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour at 350°F, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for a few minutes. Then remove the banana bread from the pan and let cool completely before serving.