Happy Valentine’s Day weekend! My kids make fun of me when I post these holiday recipes, wondering if I think there can actually be a holiday without some sort of pretzel treat. Well, I know those holidays CAN happen, but what fun would that be?
What You Need
- White or Red Candy Melts (I’ve found them at Jewel, Michael’s, and Target)
- 1 bag of white chocolate chips
- Chocolate candy of your choice (based on lots of research, Hershey Hugs and Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups work best)
- Square pretzels (the butter ones are our favorites!)
- Valentine’s Day sprinkles or whatever sprinkles you have on hand
What You Do
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with tin foil and spread a flat layer of pretzels.
- Spread layer of pretzels flat on cookie sheet.
- Place candy of your choice in center of each pretzel (make sure the candy fits the square).
- Add another pretzel to top of candy.
- Place cookie sheet in oven for 2 minutes, or until candy is soft to the touch. Do not over bake.
- Remove pretzels from oven. Let them fully cool.
- When candy is cool, heat candy melts and chocolate chips in the microwave. I cook for one minute, stir, and then cook for another 30 seconds to a minute until the chip are completely melted.
- Using your fingers (or a small set of tongs if you have them handy), dip the pretzel squares.
- Top with sprinkles and let treats harden. Enjoy!
If you want an even easier pretzel treat, click here. Just swap out the Christmas M&Ms with those for Valentine’s Day.
Have a super week!
Photos of me by Jenn Marie Photography