Do you ever just wake up on a Sunday morning and think to yourself, “Today I’m going to wear a pink jumpsuit.” No? Well, today I did! (Ha!)
I’ve missed you guys this last week. It was the first time in a long while that I’ve been really busy. Between some volunteer commitments coming to life, two boys with birthdays, and several magazine stories in the works…exercising and posting to my blog was put on the back burner. In doing that, I realized I broke one of my biggest rules: making time for the things that keep me sane. So today, I’m back on track. And to celebrate, I’m sharing five things that I’m loving lately. Here we go!
- The perfect white tee: I feel like I’ve tried them all, and I don’t think anyone does a white t-shirt better than J. Crew. This slim fit tee is a great weight with a very flattering length to the sleeve. Typically, it’s $32.50 but right now it’s 40% off with the code SALETIME. (I wear a medium.)
- Delicious mocktails: Earlier this month, The Forester Hotel, a Hyatt Property, opened in Lake Forest, just across the street from Conway Farms. It’s the first hotel to open in Lake Forest since 1929. As part of its offerings is a charming restaurant called Oaken Bistro + Bar. While I was treated to a sampling of their menu where the food is nearly all locally sourced, it was their mocktail selection that caught my attention. Their array of non-alcoholic spirits allows them the to make any normal cocktail alcohol free. General manager Bill Manager Bill Terranova wants Oaken Bistro + Bar to have something for everyone and I’d say he’s off to a great start!
- Better hair color: Quarantine did a number on my hair, especially my color. During those months when salons were shut down, I would have been more likely to cut my own hair than try to color it. Finding a natural hair color off-the-shelf seemed nearly impossible, until Madison Reed came along. Madison Reed is transforming at-home hair color with ammonia free hair dye and experts that can help you color match. Now with a newly opened color bar in Vernon Hills, you can have your hair professionally colored by them, or you can have a consultation where they’ll help you select your perfect color to dye on your own at home. Subscription services are available, as well as some salon offerings like blow drys. Right now, Madison Reed is offering a number of specials as part of their grand opening in Vernon Hills. Definitely worth a look!
- Cute jewelry: One of my favorite jewelry makers, Nora Tonn, is co-hosting a trunk show at Kenilworth Hall this Thursday, April 22, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Most of the fun pieces I’m wearing this spring and summer come from her line where she has a mix of beads, pearls, and lots of color. Nora will be selling along side a number of other local entrepreneurs. A portion of all sales will be donated to the Brooks Strong Foundation that she started after losing her little guy Brooks to pediatric cancer. Kenilworth Hall is located on 410 Kenilworth Avenue in Kenilworth.
- This pink jumpsuit: This might not be a wardrobe staple yet, but maybe it should be? Made of the softest washed denim, this pink jumpsuit from Faherty Brand is the quintessential one-and-done look for spring. (I’m wearing a small.)
I hope this kicks off your week with a smile. Happy happy Sunday!