Happy Friday! Two weeks into 2021 and we’re all still here. Hooray! (The bar is low, I know, but we’re celebrating all of the little victories, right?!?) To mark this mini-milestone, I’m resurrecting a favorite series of mine from early last year called “Friday Favorites,” a few things I’m loving lately. Here’s what’s on my radar this week!
- J. Crew Quilted Puffer: We’re in that part of winter where our coats are EVERYTHING! I found this cute quilted puffer on major sale and it’s surprisingly warm. It comes in five colors and is a great layer if you’re just out running errands. It runs on the big side, so definitely size down. I bought a small and an extra small would have been better.
- Raleigh Bird Tote: I hope I made you laugh last week when I shared all of the blog “merch” my family surprised me with under the Christmas tree. My favorite piece is this adorable custom tote from local shop Raleigh Bird. Owner Rebecca Asfour had the tote printed on both sides so that my blog’s long name fit. I absolutely love it!
- Vitamin C: Yesterday I wrote a post about the real game-changer my daughter Grace and I discovered when it comes to skincare–Vitamin C. I use Beautycounter’s Counter+ All Bright C Serum morning and night and my skin has never weathered a winter as well as it has this one. Grace uses TruSkin, which you can find on Amazon for less than $20. It’s an inexpensive way to give yourself a little boost this winter.
- Day Designer Planner: It might just be me, but it’s been hard to get some momentum going in 2021. If it weren’t for my obsessive list making in my Day Designer planner, I would definitely be up a creek. If you’re looking for a tool to help get you organized for the new year, this is a great one. Here’s a link to the post I wrote late last month about how I use mine.
- The Woman Before Wallis: One of my goals for 2021 is to read more…I’m trying for a book a week. I was finally able to dive into The Woman Before Wallis by Bryn Turnbull over the holidays and I can’t put it down. I love all of the references to the British royal family, America’s high society, and all of the heartbreak that came along with the privilege.
- Tiger: If you’ve followed me for a while, you know that I love me a documentary. Last Sunday, the first of a two-part series about Tiger Woods called Tiger was released on HBO. It is EXCELLENT! It’s the story of Tiger’s rise, fall, and comeback as told through the lens of some of those closest to him. It’s incredibly telling and gives his narrative a richer context. A must-watch this weekend for sure!
I hope this little post gives you some fun to look forward to as we head into the weekend. Happy Friday!