Happy Friday, friends! We’ve made it through another week and we have three-day weekend ahead of us. How about that? To celebrate, here’s a Friday Five for you!
- Luella Stone Bracelets: This is another example of me being influenced on Instagram, but these stackable bracelets are so much fun. They come in a range of colors and are very lightweight. Great for every day or to take a night-time look up a notch. I have the Cloud and Rain ones and they look great together.
- Baked Pumpkin Donuts: My father-in-law is coming this weekend to watch some football with us and I thought it would be fun to have these donuts for him when he wakes up tomorrow morning. My friend Courtney at @alifefromscratch makes a gluten-free version of these where she whips up the dough the night before and then just pops them in the oven in the morning. I can only imagine how good the house will smell. I just bought these tins on Amazon to make them.
- Lake Bluff Car Show: Tomorrow is supposed to be summer-like weather again, which will be the perfect back drop for the Lake Bluff Car Show taking place in their downtown from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m, sponsored by the Lake Bluff History Museum. I have a hunch all of Lake Bluff’s amazing eateries will have great food and drink on the ready, too.
- Personalized Notepads: Forever the list maker over here, I’m always on the hunt for cute notepads. These arrived from Etsy this week and are adorable. Thinking ahead, these would make a great teacher’s gift over the holidays!
- Jon Kerr Newsletter and Podcast: If you’re a total Scouts Football nerd like me, you’ll be excited to know that sportswriter and fellow Scouts fan Jon Kerr has relaunched his Scouts Football newsletter and podcast. He does an amazing job breaking down the game before and after and sizing up our opponents. I also love the amount of attention he pays to really getting to know the team. There isn’t much high school sports coverage any more, so Jon’s reporting really fills the void.
I’m off to do one more short run before the marathon this weekend. Thank you so much to all of you who have supported my fundraising efforts for GLASA and for cheering me on. I have zero expectations for this race–just to finish before Monday and enjoy it as much as I can along the way.
Have a super weekend! Go Scouts! Go Irish!
The dress I’m wearing above near my Free Little Library is from Evereve. It’s adorable, but very voluminous. Definitely size down at least one size, if not two. My color way is sold out, but I think I like this one even cuter (and it’s on sale!).