I made this pasta for dinner last night and it was so good! This recipe is inspired by one of my favorite bloggers, Liz Adams from Hello Adams Family. It’s one of those recipes that can be doctored to be just the way you like it, and you can swap out the pasta for your favorite gluten-free version if you like. This is a great dinner idea to add to your rotation.
What You Need
- Your favorite pasta (my kids love mini bowtie)
- Fresh chicken sausage
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Cherry tomatoes
- Mozzarella and parmesan cheese
- Red pepper flakes
- Salt + pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
What You Do
- Remove chicken sausage from casings and brown in a pan. You can definitely use pre-cooked chicken sausage and just slice it, too! Once browned, remove from pan and set aside.
- Using the same pan, heat olive oil over medium heat and add the minced garlic, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Use as much or as little as you like as this is really up to you in terms of flavor. You want these to sort of flavor the oil for a few minutes. Add the cherry tomatoes and let them start to pop. Once a few have popped, smash them using the back of your spoon. This helps create a light tomato sauce and is so yummy!
- In a separate pot, cook your pasta.
- Return the sausage to the pan with tomatoes then add the pasta to the sauce. While the pasta is hot, add the spinach so it starts to wilt. Add the mozzarella so it starts to melt throughout. Serve with parmesan cheese on top and enjoy!