When my kids heard that I was making the baked feta and cherry tomato pasta that has gone viral on TikTok, they were shocked. They couldn’t figure out how on earth I had heard about it, much less seen, because I’m clearly not cool enough to even have Tiktok on my phone. But little did they know, I follow a number of very cool bloggers on Instagram–who are also on TikTok–and the recipe made its way to me! Ha! (So the kids were kind of right, I’m not cool enough for TikTok.)
Friends, this recipe lives up to its hype! It easily serves 4-6 as is. I made a few little changes to the original recipe posted below that I’ll tell you about upfront:
- I didn’t mix the pasta into the feta and tomato sauce. Instead, I kept it as a separate sauce.
- I added a few stalks of asparagus to the cheese and tomatoes to add some greens.
- Since I’m watching my carbs, I made some zucchini spirals for me. They were delish with the sauce!
- To add some protein, I marinated some chicken in Garlic Expressions dressing and baked it in the same oven with the cheese, tomatoes, and asparagus. (I can find this dressing everywhere: Jewel, Sunset, and Heinen’s.)
What You Need
- 1 box of your favorite pasta
- 8-ounce block of feta cheese
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3-4 basil leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- lemon zest
What You Do
- Preheat oven to 400. Add cherry tomatoes to a baking dish and add 1/4 cup olive oil, chopped garlic, salt, and pepper. Mix together. Add the block of feta cheese to the center of the baking dish. Top with 1 tablespoon olive oil and oregano. Add lemon zest. Bake for 25-30 minutes until tomatoes are roasted and feta is soft-melted.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and cook pasta according to boxed instructions. Strain pasta and set aside.
- Remove tomatoes and feta from oven and using a spoon, add fresh basil. Mix together the tomatoes and cheese to create a sauce (you’ll need to smoosh the tomatoes). Add in your cooked pasta and mix together until all noodles are evenly coated. Serve and enjoy!
Have you tried this recipe? I would love to know if you have and if you made any changes of your own. Happy Monday!