Happy Monday, friends. Last week’s easy recipe was such a hit with you that here is another…again from SkinnyTaste. A number of you have tried this Crock Pot Balsamic Pot Roast and loved it so the Scheidlers are giving it a whirl. I’m going to serve this shredded pork on a whole wheat bun with some chipotle slaw and a side of broccoli. The best part is that I put this in my crock pot this morning and it will be ready to go when everyone is home from work, tennis, and football tonight.
- 2 pound boneless pork shoulder roast
- Kosher salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Season the pork with salt, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes and place it in the slow cooker.
- Mix together the broth, the vinegar, and the Worcestershire sauce and pour it over the pork, then pour the honey over and set the timer for 4 hours on High or 6-8 hours on Low.
- Once the pork is cooked and tender, it should easily shred with a fork.
- Remove from the slow cooker and shred with two forks and then put back in the slow cooker.
- Ladle the sauce over the pork and keep warm until ready to eat.
Let me know how this goes over with your family and please let me know what recipes you’re enjoying at home!