Happy Monday! Friends, this is another recipe from my pal Courtney at @alifefromscratch. It was a HUGE hit with my family last week. This dinner is a one-pot wonder that you can literally make for your family in less than an hour from start-to-finish. I did double the following recipe for my crew and there wasn’t even a little bit left.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1/2 zucchini, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups salsa verde
- 1 cup long grain rice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- Lime juice, for serving
- Avocado, radishes, and jalapeno (if you like a little heat!) sliced for topping
- Get a pot going on medium heat with the butter. Add in the chicken and cook for 5 minutes or so, until browned. Add in the veggies and cook another few minutes.
- Pour in the stock, salsa, rice and bring to a boil. Cover and lower to low heat for 20-25 minutes or so, until the rice has absorbed most (if not all) of the liquid.
- Season with salt and pepper. Stir in your fresh cilantro and lime juice. Top with avocado, radishes, jalapeno, and more cilantro. Enjoy!
Have a great week!