Happy 4th of July week! Knowing all of the yummy, diet-busting food that is coming our way later this week, I decided to start this Monday with a meal that was a huge hit in our house last week. This one-pan recipe from Courtney Holsworth’s A Life from Scratch was delicious and can be made with whatever veggies you have in the fridge. Courtney’s idea is that you’ll create a “vegetable rainbow,” but that’s not a must to feed your crew. Keep reading for this easy recipe (that can even be made ahead of time) below.
This week’s dinners:
- Monday: One-sheet-pan rainbow veggies with chicken, brown rice, fresh fruit
- Tuesday: Baked BBQ chicken, corn on the cob, roasted broccoli, mixed greens salad
- Wednesday: Lasagna, chopped zucchini, mixed greens salad, garlic bread
- Thursday: 4th of July BBQ with all of the fixings, homemade dessert buffet
- Friday: Pizza night
One-Sheet-Pan Rainbow Veggies With Chicken Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut up1 red onion, chunked up
- 1 cup green beans
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium zucchini, chunked up
- 1 cup of baby carrots
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 TBS Italian Seasoning
- 1 TSP Paprika
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Few “glugs” of olive oil (I love Courtney’s measurements!)
- Rice, hummus, soy sauce for serving
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place the chicken and veggies on a large cookie sheet lined in foil and sprinkle with all of the spices and olive oil. Give things a gentle toss. Roast away for 20 minutes, until the chicken is charred and the veggies are tender. Serve in bowls with rice. Enjoy!
I triple this recipe for my crew of seven and there are very few leftovers.