I took a quick peek at the forecast for this weekend and it’s looking good…fingers crossed! With this in mind, I thought I’d share a few tips for setting an easy outdoor table.
- Start with a classic tablecloth: The tablecloth always sets the tone for the rest of my table, and a pretty one hides that my patio furniture has had better days. I love this navy and white check one that I found on Amazon for $15. It’s polyester so it’s very simple to maintain–wash, dry, and put it right on the table–no ironing needed. I think this brand makes every color you can imagine.
- Mix patterns and textures: It has taken me a long time to feel comfortable doing this, but it makes all the difference! I found these chambray-feeling napkins at Homegoods (6 for under $10) and I think they work so well with the big check of the tablecloth.
- Go for the layered look: This has been a game-changer for my tables. It’s a fun way to add details using a variety of things you may have on hand at home–like special sentimental items, vintage flea market pieces, or unique garage sale finds. I also love how this allows me to bring in natural elements like these woven chargers and bamboo silverware that work so well outdoors.
- Use all the fresh flowers: Summer greenery makes everything pop and is the perfect backdrop for any fresh flowers you have. I just grabbed one of my summer pots from the patio that I had filled with flowers from Pasquesi’s Home & Gardens and my centerpiece was done. Then when we we were taking pictures of the table, my photographer Jenn added these white flowers at each place-setting that I bought at Jewel and it was the perfect finishing touch.
- Keep the palette neutral: I love this table for the 4th of July, but because I didn’t go over-the-top making it super holiday, it can work for anything you might be celebrating this summer. I also think the subtle colors make your food take center stage.
If you like this post, you might also like these:
- Strawberry Granola Crisp
- Blueberry Crisp
- 4th of July (Healthy-ish) Side Dishes and Desserts
- Memorial Day Recipes
- Easy Summer Recipes
Have a great day!