I’m getting ready for some holiday fun this weekend and have been trying out some new easy recipes. I gave this Strawberry Granola Crisp from Bon Appétit a whirl and it was a hit! The strawberries are so good right now and using them in this recipe was a no-brainer. You might even call this recipe healthy(ish)!
What You Need
- 2 pounds strawberries, hulled, halved, quartered if large
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon plus 1½ teaspoon cornstarch
- Kosher salt
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- ⅓ cup sliced almonds
- ⅓ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- Plain yogurt, whipped cream, or vanilla ice cream (for serving; optional)
What You Do
- Place a rack in lower third of oven; preheat to 350°. Toss strawberries, sugar, lemon juice, cornstarch, and a pinch of salt in a large bowl to combine; transfer to a 9″-diameter pie dish or 1-qt. baking dish.
- Stir oil and maple syrup in a medium bowl to combine. Add oats, almonds, coconut, flour, and 2 pinches of salt and work until mixture comes together in loose clumps; scatter over filling. Place crisp on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet and bake until topping is golden brown and filling is bubbling, 35–45 minutes. Let cool at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve crisp with yogurt, whipped cream, or ice cream, if desired.
Do Ahead: Crisp can be baked 1 day ahead. Let cool completely; cover and chill.
If you like these recipes, here are a few more for your holiday weekend:
- Blueberry Crisp
- 4th of July (Healthy-ish) Side Dishes and Desserts
- Memorial Day Recipes
- Easy Summer Recipes
Have a great week!
P.S. I’m wearing this dress from J. Crew. Runs true to size–I’m wearing a small.