There’s nothing like a change of season to get me talking about makeup. Not that I ever really need an excuse to go off on my love of all things cosmetics, but the fact that it’s the second day of fall sort of makes this an actual news story. (Ha!)
Last year during quarantine when we were all forced to buy just about everything online, I discovered a new clean brand called Ilia Beauty. Since then, I’ve tried a number of their products and absolutely love them all. Not only are they a consciously made brand, but they are offered at a great price point with wonderful customer service.
I tend to mix and match products I love, but I feel like I hit the jackpot when I find a brand where I love multiple pieces because I think they are often formulated to work together. I have a 5-minute fall face using only a few products, and five of them are from Ilia. Here the scoop on each of them.
- Super Serum Skin Tint: This is my newest, most favorite find. Somehow Ilia Beauty has blended a hydrating serum, SPF 40, and a sheer foundation coverage into one product. I just love it and I can’t say enough about it’s staying power. Their website offers a free color-match service if you’re unsure what color to buy. With the little bit of summer tan I have left, I’m currently wearing the color ST3 Balos. I put a few dots of it around my face and use a blending sponge to get it all over. I think this product is just as good as the Revision Skincare Intellishade that I have touted a lot on my blog, but it’s about half the price.
- True Skin Serum Concealer: I have tried a bunch of different concealers and this is a great one. I use it under my eyes and on my eye lids and wherever else I might need a little extra coverup. I’m currently wearing the shade Arrowroot.
- Multi-Stick: As the weather gets cooler and my skin gets more dry, I like a good cream blush. The Multi-Stick is a great alternative to a powder and be used a blush and a lipstick. My go-to color right now is Lady Bird and I’m only using it on the apples of my cheeks. I then use a beauty blending sponge to rub it in.
- Clean Line Gel Liner: Another awesome product are the Ilia Beauty Gel Liners. I line the top of my eyelid and smudge it a bit. This liner goes on so easy and is totally error-proof. You can wear it alone or with a little eyeshadow. I use their dark brown shade called Dusk.
- Color Block Lipstick: Of course, I left the best for last. Ilia’s Color Block lipsticks are amazing! AMAZING! They’re super hydrating, have great pigment, and do pretty well under a mask. My two favorite colors of late are Rosette (more pink) and Rococco (more of a deep red).
I then finish this all off with some mascara, a little eyebrow pencil, and some loose powder to set it all. If I’m feeling fancy, I add a little eye shadow. And that’s it. I swear it takes 5 minutes. If I can ever figure out how to do a tutorial on Instagram, I’ll show you. But until then…you’ll need to trust me.
I hope this makeup story gives you another reason to love fall. And as always, please send me the products and colors you’re loving. I think trying new things is so much fun!