Happy Friday! It’s big football weekend in the Scheidler house. It’s homecoming at our high school and Notre Dame will face its biggest opponent thus far–Ohio State. So exciting! While I’m bummed not to be at the ND game this weekend, it will be fun to be part of all of Jimmy’s homecoming fun. I know he can’t wait either! Ha!
It’s been such a fun week filled with interesting interviews, meet-ups with friends, and opportunities to try some new things. I hope it’s all right, but I kept a list of them that I’m going to share with you today. Let’s go!
- Cycle & Yoga Class at Bird Barre: You all know that I’m a die-hard yogi gal, but I know that I need to shake up my routine. My good friend Rebecca Asfour who owns Bird Barre in Lake Forest gave me a heads up that they just introduced a new Cycle-Yoga class–40 minutes of cycling and 10 minutes of yoga. The class is taught by Ellie who is adorable and just the right amount of high energy. I think of myself in pretty good shape, but this class put muscles to work that clearly had been sleeping for a while. It was AWESOME! I highly recommend if you’re looking for something new.
- Such a Good Fall Candle: This Harvest Pumpkin candle from Anthropologie popped up in my Instagram feed and I immediately had to order it. It smells so good and the price is great! This would make for a wonderful hostess gift, too.
- New Makeup for Fall: My favorite Trish McEvoy artist Katherine called me last week and told me she had time to show me some fun new fall products. What I love about Trish McEvoy is that her foundational products never change. She doesn’t launch things just for the sake of introducing something new. So when they do have a product launch, it’s a big deal. I walked away with her new Gorgeous Even Skin Foundation (shade 7 for me), Gorgeous Bronzing Cream, and her newly formulated lipstick in Knockout. I will save the Instagram stories I recorded earlier this week of how I use these new products in my Instagram highlights.
- Fall Fragrance: I stopped at the Jo Malone counter earlier this week looking for something smelling like fall. The saleswoman took one look at me and told me I had a “very British air about me.” Of course, I ate that right up. Then she suggested their new fragrance called English Pear & Sweet Pea. I’m super picky about fragrance but this is a keeper.
- Some Fun Things on My Radar: I did a little round up of my favorite finds from the week in a new series I’ll be publishing on Wednesdays. I hope you like this first one!
- This Green Winter Coat: Where are my ND moms? Love this green coat for cooler days when visiting the kids at Notre Dame and you can’t beat the price!
- Princess Grace: J. Randy Tarraborelli has become my new favorite biographer. I’m nearly finished with his book Jackie: Public, Private, Secret. Just when I thought there wasn’t anything left to learn about Jackie Kennedy–I learn that there is. My mom has also been completely taken with this book and completely agrees. Twenty years ago, Tarraborelli wrote a book about Princess Grace called Once Upon a Time: Behind the Fairy Tale of Princess Grace and Prince Rainier. The acclaim for his Kennedy biography has brought his work about Princess Grace back to the forefront. I didn’t realize that Princess Grace was only 52 when she died–my age. I can’t wait to dive into this one next.
- A Book Club, Sort Of: A friend reached out to me that she and a colleague started a Literary Subscription Series for readers who don’t have time for a traditional book club but still would like some type of book discussion. Here’s how it works:
- They announce a hand-selected, under-the-radar title every other month.
- Subscribers then buy the book online or at a bookstore, borrow it from the library, or download the audio version.
- The following month, Alice and Ann (the experienced moderators with an established fan base who run this series) debate, discuss, and dissect the selection during a 60-minute live Zoom (also available as a recording).
- Just email email@example.com to join. A one-year subscription is $100.
This is a lot! But it’s been a very fun week. I hope you enjoy this first official weekend of fall!
Disclaimer: If you purchase an item through a link in this post, I do make a small commission–almost as if I were your personal shopper. I only share what I love and I promise to let you know if I’m specifically working with a brand to help promote their products.