Happy Friday, friends! We made it through another week! We have found ourselves with a weekend without football, so I think we’re going to make the most of our free time and start making a dent in our holiday to-dos. How is it six weeks until Christmas? But until then, I do have some fun things (and a serious one!) I want to share with you.
- New Life Centers: My friend Adrienne Fawcett has invested herself into helping the immigrants who have been bussed to Chicago from Texas. So many of these people are arriving to our city in shorts and t-shirts, never having experienced winter before. In a thoughtfully written Facebook post, Adrienne explains the current living situation for these immigrants and how we can be most helpful. Click here for the story. If you’d like to help New Life Centers, Adrienne suggests calling Victoria App at 312.736.2466 or sending an email to email@example.com.
- Philosophy: This week, I was invited to a brand presentation by Philosophy. It was held at Soho House in the West Loop, which was so lovely but learning about this science-forward, mission-based brand was what made this event so exciting. I’m still working my way through the goody bag they sent home with me, but I’m very excited about a few of their products: their signature Purity One-Step Facial Cleanser, the Microdelivery Resurfacing Peel, the Miracle Worker Eye Power Treatment, and the Dose of Wisdom Bouncy Skin Reactivating Serum. You can guess what I’ll be testing this weekend! Additionally, I was blown away to hear about the contributions Philosophy is making to mental health through their hope + grace initiative. Such a great company!
- Spirited Sweater: This week I shared a little project I’ve been working on with Chicago’s Pyar + Co. It’s a darling sweater you can customize any way you like. I chose my beloved Irish for my sweater and even had my boys’ jersey numbers stitched on the sleeve. Click here for all of the details.
- Lots of great local holiday events: It’s almost that time of year where there are so many fun things to do and almost not enough time to do them all. If you’re local, here are a few to put on your radar: Jeweler Jane Win event at Bunny & Babe on November 15; the Northwestern Lake Forest Hospital Boutique opening on November 16; Lake Forest Shop Holiday Kickoff on November 30; Elawa Farm’s Holiday Market opening on December 1; and the Lake Bluff History Museum’s Christmas Home Tour on December 3
- Printfresh-J.McLaughlin collab: Dreams really do come true when two of your favorite brands come together to create your favorite thing–pajamas! This week, Printfresh and J.McLaughlin launched a limited release pajama set–the Mini Greenhouse long PJ set–that would make the loveliest gift for someone on your list–or for yourself. I included these pajamas in a roundup of my holiday favorites. For reference, I wear a small in the Printfresh brand and if you enter ANNMARIE at checkout, you will get 15% off your purchase.
- Naghedi holiday: My favorite handbag maker, Naghedi, released their holiday collection last week and one of their new colors–Rosewood–is to die for. This little crossbody may or may not have been ordered.
- Fair Isle Fun: I did a roundup of some cute, well-priced Fair Isle sweaters that have hit the stores just in time for the chilly weather. I’m wearing this one in the above picture. The Gap is having a moment this fall!
- Holiday makeup color: My favorite holiday nail color is back in the rotation–Coca Cola Red. And I’m pairing it with the prettiest lipcolor from RMS Beauty Ruby Moon (wearing in the picture above). If you’re looking for good reds for the holidays, these are great!
Disclaimer: If you purchase an item through a link in this post, I do make a small commission–almost as if I were your personal shopper. I only share what I love and I promise to let you know if I’m specifically working with a brand to help promote their products.