Anyone else excited for this long weekend? I’m still on a big high from Eddie’s graduation, but it’s time for me to put my head down and get things done for our next graduate. Annie graduates from high school next Saturday. I can hardly believe it. She’s my baby girl and somehow old enough to go to college. Annie begged me to please keep our graduation party for her very low key and that’s just what we’re going to do–family and tacos–it will be great! But if you don’t see much posting from me next week, you now know why.
Until then, here are a few of my favorite things from last week.
- Dark spot skin exfoliator: This week I went in for my first skin check, very late to the game considering all the years of me not wearing sunscreen. While I was there, the doctor told me how important a retinoid is to a skincare routine–that sloughing off the old, damaged cells helps prevent anything bad from forming. I tend to steer clear of anything with retinol because I hate when my skin peels, but I’ve been really liking the Dark Spot Exfoliating Sleep Milk from Goop. The ads state that the best results come when you use the product twice a day, but I’m working my way up to that, just starting with using it a few times a week. I like it so far and thought if you have the same fear of products with retinol, this may be one for you.
- New TV to watch: There are two new documentaries coming out this weekend that I can’t wait to watch: ‘Bama Rush and Being Mary Tyler Moore. We’ll have to regroup on these next week!
- Two new lipstick colors: I’ve recently discovered this new creamy matte line of lipsticks from Mac Cosmetics and they are amazing. Sometimes matte formulas can be drying, but these are not at all. Please Me and Tropic Tonic are perfect for summer!
- Elawa Farm Garden Market: This summer favorite is back up and running on Friday and Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. and they’ll be expanding their offerings as summer unfolds. Their new coffee vendor–Drip & Culture–is an awesome addition.
- MDW recipes: If you’re cooking this weekend, here are some of our favorite holiday recipes for you try.
- MDW sales: There are lots of holiday sales this weekend at my favorite places like J.Crew, Boden, and Shopbop. It’s worth taking a look. This bag on sale at Shopbop is very cute for summer.
- So many things: In case you missed the little life update I posted this week, here’s the link. It’s filled with lots of random things!
Happy Friday, friends! Have a great weekend!