Happy Monday, friends! Do I have an easy crowd pleaser for you! Here is a “Taco Tuesday” or any day dinner idea that comes together quickly or can even be made ahead of time. It’s from my pal Courtney at A Life From Scratch who has proven over and over again that delicious and simple can go hand in hand. This taco bake will please even your pickiest of eaters, while allowing you to sneak in a few extra vegetables while they’re not looking. My daughter Grace gave me the biggest compliment when I caught her eating the leftovers for lunch the following day. Enjoy!
What You Need
- 2 cups cauliflower rice, cooked (I quickly sautéd mine on the stove as Courtney suggests with a little olive oil to brown it up.)
- 2 lbs ground chicken or turkey (I used turkey because that’s what I had in the fridge!)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 cup of your favorite salsa
- 1 jar diced green chilis
- Bag of shredded Mexican cheese
- Shredded lettuce, for topping
- Additional topping choices: tomatoes, jalapeños, olives, sour cream, avocado
- Optional: tortilla chips for serving
What You Do
- Sauté your chicken in a pan over medium heat until browned. Season with salt, pepper, cumin, and coriander and cook another minute.
- Mix in salsa, chilis, and cooked cauliflower rice.
- Layer half of the chicken mixture in a 9×13 pan. Top with half the cheese. Repeat both layers.
- Bake at 350 for 20ish minutes until browned and bubbly. Serve with your choice of toppings and enjoy!
Definitely work this into your summer rotation if you can. And I served this with a side of Courtney’s Skillet Corn Bread that I’m linking here. It’s all about balance, right? Healthy taco bake and the richest corn bread ever…yes, please!
And if you like this recipe, you might like these posts, too:
Have a good one!